What is Spiritual Direction?
No one needs to journey alone. A spiritual direction space is a safe place for you to explore your relationship with God. Spiritual direction is an ancient practice of the church. For hundreds of years, people have been journeying together on the path God has prepared for their lives. Spiritual direction is about listening, telling our stories and being heard. It’s about listening for God’s invitation. Spiritual directors have been trained in caring for the soul.
Whether you seek a spiritual director during a specific season of life or choose to engage with one as a part of your regular spiritual practices, spiritual direction is beneficial in many ways. Here are a few reasons you may want to meet with a spiritual director:
- To live your spirituality with integrity.
- To get perspective from someone outside of your usual relational circles.
- To explore and interpret your relationship and experiences with God.
- To process and discern an important decision with the help of another.
- To gain a more clear sense of call and direction.
- To deepen your relationship with God through spiritual practices and habits.
Spiritual Direction is for Anyone . . .
- Traveling the spiritual journey.
- Longing to grow closer to God.
- Wanting to live more fully in peace and compassion.
What Spiritual Direction Isn’t
Spiritual direction is not psychotherapy, counseling, or financial advice. Spiritual direction differs from counseling ministries primarily in its focus: the intention of spiritual direction is not to help solve a problem, but rather to look for God’s activity within any problems and within the rest of your life experiences. This perspective invites you into a deeper relationship with God in the midst of whatever you are experiencing.
What to Expect
- Both the director and you want the sessions to be supportive and beneficial.
- It may take more than one “try” to find the right director for you.
- You can meet with a spiritual director in person, or via phone or video chat.
- A spiritual direction session usually lasts about one hour and takes place about once a month.
- Everything discussed in spiritual direction is confidential. We will honor your privacy.
What is the Fee?
The fee for Spiritual Direction is $50 per 1-hour session.
Please fill out the Contact Form to begin a conversation with Roger or Sharon about Spiritual Direction.